The Anniversary Day

Categories:Alcoholism, Mom
Tags:,

Today, April 12th, is the anniversary of my mom’s passing.

11 years.

11 years without my mom.

It’s hard to believe.

How can it be that long already?

It seems just like yesterday we watched her take her last breath.

I often wish she was here with us.  Not a day went by when I didn’t talk to her.  If I wasn’t calling her, she was calling me.  We didn’t have the greatest relationship but I always knew she would be there if and when I needed her.

Sometimes, I just want my mommy.

Mom, I hope you are happier and healthier where ever you are.

I miss you Mom.

1. Nicole
    April 12, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Huge virtual hugs hun.

I always find the anniversaries never are easier, but that overall with time the pain eases. The memories will always remain. Just remember she is always looking down on you smiling. She’s proud of you and all your accomplishments. She’ll always be with you in your heart.

Thinking of you today and thinking of your Mom.

2. trina1972
    trina1972Reply
    April 12, 2012 at 7:36 AM

You’re in my thoughts. I can’t imagine what you’re going through but I know once my parents are gone I’ll miss them profusely.

3. Lisa Marie Fletcher
    April 12, 2012 at 7:48 AM

<3 Lots of hugs today. It’s hard to lose someone we love.

4. Just Us Girls
    April 12, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Your family is in my thoughts today. I can’t imagine how hard it is to not have a parent, let alone, your mom around. I just recently had the anniversary of my grandmother’s 10th year since she went away. It’s something that even til this day I still get teary eyed. I hope that today you and your family remember all the wonderful memories you shared with your mom, big hugs to you guys!

5. multitestingmommy
    multitestingmommyReply
    April 12, 2012 at 8:31 AM

I’m so sorry, honey! Hugs!

6. mamawee
    mamaweeReply
    April 12, 2012 at 8:58 AM

I’m so sorry – I know how hard these days can be. Do something special for yourself today

7. Katrina Brady
    Katrina BradyReply
    April 12, 2012 at 11:47 AM

So sorry! It’s hard to remember sometimes

8. MapleLeafMommy
    MapleLeafMommyReply
    April 12, 2012 at 11:53 AM

I am 37 years old and I miss my mommy when she goes out of town for work for the week. I can’t imagine what I’d do without her in my life, but I CAN easily imagine how your loss must feel. Hugs lady, I hope today goes gently for you and that the memories that come to mind are bright ones.

9. Nugglemama
    NugglemamaReply
    April 12, 2012 at 8:14 PM

(((((HUGS))))) My mom has been gone 13 years now and I still have bad days. Thinking of you today.

10. Stacey
    StaceyReply
    April 12, 2012 at 8:16 PM

So very sorry, my gramma passed away just this past January, I couldn’t even imagine losing my mother.

11. Positivelypamperedpatty
    April 12, 2012 at 10:52 PM

I know exactly how you feel. This month will be 5 years that I lost my mom to a 10 year fight with Ovarian Cancer. I still cry, I still miss her, there will always be this void that will never be full again. But I also know that although I still grieve for her, each year I add a plant to her memory garden and I do something to celebrate her life. It makes me feel a tiny bit better. Hugs to you today.