One of My Favourite Desserts
I am not really one to really share recipes.
I may ask others occasionally for a delicious sounding dish but rarely will I ever make it.
This recipe I thought I would share with you as it is a nice, light, and oh so yummy dessert.
Perfect for summer entertaining!
Cool Fruit Delight
1 cup of graham cracker crumbs*
1/4 cup of sugar*
1/4 cup of melted butter or 1/2 cup of melted margarine*
1 package of miniature marshmallows (the assorted coloured ones are fun to use)
1 (28 oz) can of fruit cocktail, drained
1 (16 oz) carton of sour cream
1) Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter (or margarine) until crumbly.
2) Press into the bottom of a 9 inch pan.
3) Combine marshmallows, fruit cocktail and sour cream.
4) Pour over the graham cracker crust.
5) Chill until set!
* I would suggest doubling the graham cracker crust ingredients. (Maybe not doubling the margarine/butter but adding a little more to make crumbly, do not want to make it soggy.) I found doing as the recipe suggests hardly makes enough to cover the bottom of a 9 inch pan.
This is a dessert my mom used to make for us when we were young.
I loved it.
I am glad she never told me what was really in it – I am not a fan of sour cream – or else I would have really missed out on something oh so good.