Sweet Nuggets of Bliss from Blissdom
Blissdom Canada has had a profound impact on me and my life.
I want to share with you the many special nuggets of wisdom I learned and sweet moments I experienced while I was at the conference.
- We have the power to change not only other’s lives but our own lives as well.
- Meeting Jully Black’s tour manager in the elevator.
- Don’t compare your inside to someone else’s outside!
- Power Hour with Sharon, Chris, Joe, Erica, Shannon and Elan. It was pure awesome.
- Squealing with delight after I saw that Drew Dudley and Glenford Canning (Rehtaeh Parson’s father) followed me on Twitter.
Opportunities can come when you least expect them.
- Unexpected meetings in the elevator. Especially Patty and Angele. #Kismet
- Talking with Erica Ehm and she remembered our Twitter conversation about where I am from.
- Receiving a tweet from Hallmark that I got mail while at Blissdom.
- Turned out my roommate Nicole had sent me a lovely note from the Hallmark booth. So sweet and kind of her.
- Hugging everyone I met.
“Be real. Be genuine.” Canadian Dad’s advice to the participants in his micro-session.
- Being able to see my brother not once, but twice in one year. My sister-in-law was selling her amazing products in the marketplace and I got to have short but sweet visits with her and my brother between sessions.
- Learn to scare the *bleep* out of myself and try new things more often. Excellent advice from Sharon.
- “Be a pickier landlord. I get to decide what/who takes up residence in my head. I set the rent.” Drew Dudley
- My brother driving 3 hours to pick up my new nephew and bring him back to the hotel so that I could visit with him for 10 minutes or so.
- Kidnapped by my lovely CREW for a nice get together supper.
Anything is possible if I believe in myself. The sky is the limit.
- Be kinder to myself. Think positively.
- The dream of writing and publishing a book can come true.
- Find and use my own voice. Be authentic.
- Think before I speak or click publish.
- Numbers do not matter. My words matter. I am important.
Ask. Don’t be afraid to ask for what you want. Thank you Erica Ehm!
- Enjoying quiet moments while in the shower.
- Comfortable bed all to myself. Oh how I miss that bed.
- I am a BUILDER and not a REALIST like I thought I was. “I have the creative ability to nurture an acorn of an idea into a full-grown oak.”
- Read more than I write. Consume the content that I want to write.
- Challenge myself to write on subjects out of my comfort zone.
Lead with Lollipops. A must watch video of Drew Dudley and his Lollipop Moment.
- Ask myself, “who’s my Larry? And what’s my dollar?” Another great line from Drew Dudley.
- Made many connections and felt part of a larger community.
- Think outside the box.
- Explored and fell in love with the Surface tablet available from Microsoft Canada.
- Being introduced to Philosophy and having a one-on-one consultation to learn more about the products.
Create every day. Make something out of nothing.
- Watching 10 year old Hannah Alper attend sessions and being in awe of her amazing talent.
- Exchanging life stories with my flight buddy Jody as we flew 40,000ft in the air.
- Chatting over a warm cup of tea from the Tim Hortons’ #timspiration suite.
- Seeing my tweets and picture appear on the screen multiple times in the keynote rooms.
- My brother went out and bought me a new suitcase after mine had broken during my flight to the conference.
- Shannon (one of the organizers of Blissdom) approached my roommate and I shortly after the closing keynote. She indicated that in an interview she had done she mentioned me and my story to the reporter when asked what the reasoning behind Blissdom really is. She also said she cried when she saw me enter the lobby of the hotel on that very first day because she knew how hard it was for me to get there.