My Stow-n-Tow Tidy Totes Review & Giveaway
While I was attending Blissdom Canada I had the chance to check out the awesome Handmade Marketplace.
It was hard to miss the lovely display of totes the ladies of My Stow-n-Tow set-up. I made several trips to the marketplace because my sister-in-law was one of the venders and I wanted to visit with her and my brother. While there I was constantly taking peeks over at the My Stow-n-Tow booth with their eye catching fabric selection.
After a few trips to the marketplace I finally worked up the nerve to talk to Shauna Rae from My Stow-n-Tow. Truth be told, she was actually talking with my brother first and I just joined along in the conversation. Shauna Rae was so polite and friendly. She listened attentively to our crazy family stories. I think she put up with our chatter for a good 30-45 minutes. I am so glad I took the time to get to know Shauna Rae while I was at Blissdom.
After I returned home from the conference I knew I had to immediately reconnect with Shauna Rae. Her products are amazing that I wanted to help her promote them as best as I could. Any product that is environmentally friendly and suitable for families is a must have product in our household.
Did you know that 1 million plastic bags are used every minute across the globe? And less than 1% of plastic bags are recycled? Check out a few other astonishing facts about why we should use reusable bags in our every day lives.
Shauna Rae and her friend Hon came up with the idea of My Stow-n-Tow when enjoying a friendly conversation together. They realized that as their families grew they needed a way to better organize their homes as well as their lives. An idea blossomed, sewing began and My Stow-n-tow was born.
My Stow-n-Tow totes are easy to use, attractive and reusable. I have two Impervious Stow Totes and I love how cute and practical they are. I am going through an owl obsession as of late and couldn’t resist the Hoot Hoot! pattern. And who doesn’t want to spread a little peace and love around with the Groovy II fabric.
Both totes come with a water resistant liner which makes these totes ideal for packing your child’s school lunches. (I almost wish my kids had lunch at school so that I could pack lunches in these adorable totes.) You no longer have to worry about liquid leaking out all over the place and potentially ruining other fabrics or furniture. Should a spill happen – and let’s face it spills are inevitable when you have children – thankfully all of the totes are machine washable.
So far we have used our totes to carry around various toys, as well as snacks, sippy cups and water bottles. For a week I even swapped out my purse for a My Stow-n-Tote. My wallet, cell phone (placed inside an iTote, which I will later talk about), lip gloss and notebook all fit inside quite nicely. I thought it was quite a unique way to carry around my essentials.
I loved how easy the tote was to open and close using the rope like ties. Each tote has been thoroughly put to the test and has stood up well. I am not sure how many blocks my three year old placed in the one tote but when he handed the tote to me, I was happy to see how durable the totes are. None of the stitching has come out of place. These totes are very well crafted that is for sure.
Here are a few other ways to use your My Stow-n-Tow Tidy Tote:
* Use a tote as a gift bag. If you are looking for a Christmas or end of the year gift for your child’s teacher, put some homemade cookies/dainties or store bought chocolates inside a My Stow-n-Tow Tidy Tote. It becomes two gifts in one!
* Keep a tote or two in your vehicle to use a catch-alls. Place artwork or important school papers into a tote when you pick up your child from school.
* Select a different pattern of tote for each different sport your child is in. Place uniforms, jerseys, and shoes/accessories inside the tote. When you child has say soccer practice, they will know which tote to grab in a pinch.
* Store puzzles inside a tote. In our house puzzle boxes tend to get destroyed. Why not use a few totes to hold the puzzle pieces when they are not in use.
* Fill a tote with colouring books, crayons/pencil crayons, small toys, and travel games and keep them inside your car for dinners out at a restaurant or for short road trips.
* Put a tote or two in your laundry room and use them to house those lonely socks that seem to have lost their identical twin. Then, go through the bags every month to see if any of the missing socks have magically appeared!
* Picnic lunch. Have each child grab a tote and pack what they want to have for a fun lunch out at the park and put it inside their own personal tote.
Along with the Impervious Totes I selected an iTote. The iTote can also be used to hold your smartphones, digital cameras, ear phones, MP3 players, or chargers. It too has a water-resistant liner. Using the iTote makes me feel better knowing that my sacred electronics and accessories are safe and secure. Plus, the iTote helps me get rid of the ugly clutter I have on my counter tops where I usually keep all of my tech gadgets and everything associated with them.
Whether you use your own My Stow-n-Tow totes to store your makeup products, stash away an extra pair of shoes or organize your children’s toys, you will not be disappointed. My Stow-n-Tow is also very budget friendly with prices ranging from $10.00 – $30.00.
Check out the other great My Stow-n-Tote products, such as the TagIT and the Inspired Art Totes, at their website.
Thanks to My Stow-n-Tow I am able to offer you a chance to win one of their Impervious Stow Totes! These stow totes retail for $25.00 and measure 13″ x 13″. The lucky winner will be able to choose their favourite pattern for their very own tote. How neat is that? Please use the Giveaway Tools widget below to enter this giveaway.
The giveaway will run from Tuesday, December 3 until Wednesday, December 11, 2013. The winner will have 48 hours to confirm their win, otherwise a new winner will be drawn. Good luck!
Disclosure: I was provided products from My Stow-n-Tow for review purposes. The opinions expressed in the above review are my own and completely honest.