25 Random Things About Me Facebook Meme
Remember a few years ago there was a Facebook meme floating around where people were asked to write 25 Random Things about themselves?
Of course you do. We all did it.
Being the overachiever that I am, I wrote slightly more than 25. It also took me about a week or so to properly organize my thoughts and write them out.
On February 15, 2009 I posted my list of Random Things About Me. Weirdly, it did not get any likes. Maybe likes weren’t part of Facebook then. I cannot remember. But I got a few great responses.
As I shared over 25 things I renamed my meme 25+ Random Things About Me. Here is my list from 2009 and I have included a few current updates in blue.
25+ Random Things About Me
1. I think being a librarian is a perfect fit for me. I am super organized (most of the time) and enjoy reading. I love it when I get a kid hooked on reading. I was proud to find out someone who told me he had never read a book before and was happy that he actually finished his first ever novel.
I am currently on hiatus from my career as a librarian to be at home with my kids. However, I am working on a couple contract positions from the comfort of my home.
2. I am a librarian who can’t read. Well, I am literate but I have a heard time finding books to read. I am very picky. I get stuck in genre ruts. Right now I am all about Young Adult Books, which is not a stretch since I was a YA librarian. I wish I could read the classics or more adult novels.
3. I would love to travel the world but am terrified of flying. I want to go to Paris and go up the Eiffel Tower. I want to go to London to see the Queen’s Palace. I wish I could go everywhere! I would also like to see more of Canada before I do anything else too… since it is my home country. I am no longer terrified to fly! These dreams can come true now!
4. I regret dropping out of university twice. However, if I wouldn’t have, I wouldn’t have both of my boys.
5. I love learning. I have taken some courses just for fun (i.e. Business Math). I want to take more. Especially child development, accounting, astronomy, geology, web design, etc. I just wish I had the money to do so. This past Fall, 2013, I graduated from an Administrative Professional Bookkeeping program!
6. I always wonder what if and I question everything I do and say.
7. I feel lonely and left out most of the time. My self-esteem needs work too.
8. I think I was born during the wrong time (or era). I think it would have been better to have lived in the late 1800s, early 1900s. I just love that time period.
9. I feel much older than my 28 years. I wish I could have enjoyed my childhood more and had more experiences. I am now 33, turning 34 in a matter of months. These feelings have not changed.
10. I had only 1 boyfriend in high school and it was for two weeks. I’ve only had 3 boyfriends in my entire life. I actually met my first ever boyfriend online. He lived a half hour away, one town over from my hometown. That was in 1997.
11. I love my son so much and often pick him up while he is sleeping just to hold him close. I want him to know that his mother loves him even though he drives me nuts most days. I love both of my boys so much (and have also picked up my youngest while he is sleeping.)
12. I thought being a stay at home mom would be wonderful but it is quite tough. I think I will be a much better mother if I find another full-time job. Sometimes Big Boy (and Little Man too) and I just need a break from each other. We are all very stubborn.
13. I would like to adopt a child someday. I think it would be a great experience to give a child a chance to be loved and cared for.
14. I joined the Kinette Club over a year ago and am now the Vice President (a position which doesn’t require much, hehe). I joined because I wanted to make a difference in my community and society as a whole. I have enjoyed every minute of it. I have made a lot of great friends in the process too. Presently, I am still a member of the Kinette Club. I have held a few positions since 2009. Right now I am the club’s treasurer. It isn’t as scary as I thought it would be. Still trying to Serve The Communities Greatest Need!
15. When I see the SPCA commercials I just want to cry. No animal deserves to feel unloved or be abused. I wish I could foster or adopt another dog but “someone” won’t let me.
16. I love architecture and wish I knew more about it. I would love to design buildings and even my own home someday.
17. My first date was when I was in university. I “picked him up” at the campus bar when I was a wee bit tipsy by saying to him “I like any man who has two legs and can walk.” Yup, I actually said that. And it was my first time drinking in front of my university friends!
18. I am so glad I decided to live on campus during University. It changed my life. I became less shy. I realized this was a great opportunity and it could be a place where I could be anyone I wanted to. I loved everyone I met while living in UC and miss them so much.
19. I am a perfectionist. I feel like I let people down if I don’t meet certain expectations.
20. I don’t like shopping. The quicker I can get out of a store the better. I do like buying some things though, such as tech gadgets, books, or clothes for the boys. I just don’t have patience to browse and find sales!
21. I wish I was more patient. I think that too would make me a better mother.
22. I would love to learn how cook better. My mom probably rolls around in her grave every time I attempt to do something in the kitchen.
23. I admire my sister (now my brother). He is a brave soul. He came out a few years ago and now is living his life transgendered. I just wish the world was more open minded when it comes to issues such as these. I think it would make his life a whole lot easier.
24. I miss my mom and my grandpa John (and Grandma Helen) so much. I know they are looking out for me and the kids and often feel like they are here with me. Especially last night when Big Boys’s balloon started moving around the room by itself! I totally believe in ghosts and the afterlife.
25. I would like to write a book someday whether it be a children’s book or a novel.
26. Would love to live a greener life… they just make it so difficult when the recycling centre here doesn’t accept everything you would like to recycle and “green” products are so expensive.
27. I wish I spent more time with friends.
28. I used to make my bed every morning and fold my laundry right away after it was dry. I used to be anal that everything had a place and it should stay there. Neat freak. Now that I am a mother, I have become more relaxed in terms of housekeeping and think there are more serious things to worry about than a clean house.
29. My dad is my greatest inspiration. He is one of the strongest people I know. I just wish he would open up more. I am so happy he found someone to love and cherish for the rest of his life because he deserves to be happy.
30. I don’t drink much. My mom died of alcoholism at the age of 41 and it scares me that I could develop the disease as well. If I try to drink my stomach just ends up knotting up and I make myself sick. However, a social drink now and then is fine for me.
31. I love my family and friends and am grateful they have been there for me during good times and bad.
32. I hope Big Boy and Little Man live long and happy lives. I want them to experience as much as they can and be the best people they can be. I want nothing but the best for my favourite boys.
Did you write a 25 Random Things About You list as well? Please share with me below a random fact or two about yourself!