Christmas Craft Sales Ornaments Gifts

The first weekend of November is always met with anticipation.

It is the time of year that two of the biggest Christmas craft sales are held in our communities.

Years ago (before children) I would get so excited over the Christmas craft show, especially the big one at our local community hall.

We actually lived just down the street from the hall at the time. I was lucky to be able to avoid the traffic and the hassle of finding a parking space near and around hall. Some people would even park all the way down main street or on the perimeter highway just to attend the show.

I remember one year that the sale was so good, I went three times! Once by myself, another with my then boyfriend, and I ended the day by exploring the sale with some girlfriends. I could just not get enough.

These sales have everything you could imagine from gorgeous homemade jewelry, fabulous wooden furniture/toys/signage, delicious baking, homemade soaps/creams, knitting and sewing creations, and many consultants for businesses like Pampered Chef, Epicure, Tupperware and so on. I won a free facial from a makeup table one time. I love tables that have giveaways for their customers.

The craft sales provide an amazing opportunity to start crossing names off of your Christmas shopping list. But they are also a way for me to build my own list.

One year I coveted this one table which had amazing wooden crafted mirrors. I told my dad and step-mom to check out this particular booth because I knew they would be very interested in the creations as well. Guess what I found under the tree for me that year?

Wooden Mirror Forest Trees

It was my favourite gift that year! And it is still proudly hanging in my house.

This year’s craft sales were great. They do not seem as elaborate as they used to but there were many great items to choose from.

I was able to buy a few gifts for my son’s teachers as well as one for a gift exchange I am participating in.

I may have also spoiled myself a wee bit.

homemade-soap-angel-pin

Do you go to any Christmas craft sales?

What are your favourite items to purchase?

Do you buy anything for yourself?

I am a participant of

NaBloPoMo.

NaBloPoMo November 2014

Image Source (Featured at the beginning of the post): Freedigitalphotos.net & Gualberto107

November 2, 2014 at 8:14 AM

I *love* the Holiday Craft Show season! Love!! Next week, here in Halifax, is the show my BFF and I have attended since returning to NS. It’s an old one called “Christmas at the Forum” and there’s always some neat treasure that just needs to come home with me. ;) Plus, I always find great ideas and gifts for people on my list. Fun post! Cool mirror.

November 3, 2014 at 11:16 PM

I wanted to bring home a lot of things with me. Good thing I only took so much money. hehe!

• peady
        November 5, 2014 at 5:28 PM

Oh yes! Very dangerous!! :D

I am not even *just* referring to the fudge. ;)

November 10, 2014 at 10:45 AM

LOL! But the baking and fudge is oh so tempting!

• peady
            November 10, 2014 at 12:19 PM

I didn’t get to go.

I didn’t get fudge.

Am I winning or losing? :)

November 10, 2014 at 10:09 PM

Oh no! You didn’t go the second day either?

• peady
            November 10, 2014 at 10:14 PM

It was on *all* weekend, Friday, Saturday, Sunday ’til 5.

It was not meant to be.

On the upside, it led to my latest NaBloPoMo post. ;)

2. Nicole Boyhouse
    November 2, 2014 at 5:47 PM

I never go to craft sales – and I don’t know why not! I love Christmas crafts. Maybe this year.

November 3, 2014 at 11:17 PM

Definitely try to find one to attend this year. I bet you will not be sorry. :)

3. Gail Anderson
    Gail AndersonReply
    November 4, 2014 at 1:36 PM

Although I live in a city (Lubbock, TX) that supposedly has more churches than any other city in America, oddly enough, I’ve only found one Christmas craft sale at a church here. And this sale only has things imported from foreign countries. The only handmade items are the snacks offered to shoppers. Why more churches don’t do holiday craft sales is something I don’t understand. This is a good way for a church to interact with the community it’s in – these sales bring out a lot of people that normally would not set foot in a particular church. And who knows – some of the attendees of a craft sale might become curious enough about the church to go to a service, and maybe eventually become members.

November 5, 2014 at 10:18 AM

That is strange they don’t have more craft sales. And you are right, it may bring potential members in.

4. Court
    November 9, 2014 at 10:46 AM

I used to go to craft sales all the time. I was actually thinking about this the other day – I think I’m going to look into seeing if there are any around here in the near future.

November 10, 2014 at 10:52 AM

They are so fun to attend! I hope you find a great one.