I Am Overwhelmed: A Blogger To Do List
Since I decided to start #NaBloPoMo I thought that maybe I should start a blogging to do list.
I already had one on the go but now I needed to add more to it and refine it a wee bit.
For the past 10 days I have been slightly overwhelmed by everything blog related. I feel like I am spending so much more time online trying to promote, promote, promote my posts. And I already spent a lot of time online. The thing is, I want to grow my blog. I want my numbers to increase and to build a strong readership. I know I have my old faithfuls but I need more if I want more for my blog. So, I have been pinning things again on Pinterest (and Pinterest makes me feel so inadequate as a person and a mother LOL). I have been trying to comment on more blogs. I have been scheduling tweets to posts in Hootsuite. So on and so on.
All in the name of growing my blog.
You know what? The hard work is paying off. I checked my stats tonight and I have almost doubled my unique monthly views and page views!
Here is my rough to do list that I am diligently trying to work through…
- Schedule posts in Hootsuite (Already told you about this one.)
- Comment on at least 5 different blog posts from NaBloPoMo each day (This one is difficult to accomplish each day.)
- Pin Things (Getting there…)
- Update at least 5 past posts/day for SEO and pictures (These are posts from my previous blog that I need to desperately update and I keep putting it off.)
- Write down blog post ideas as they come to me (Use my cute little notebook that I bought.)
- Use a different notebook to keep track of what posts have been scheduled, comment loved, pinned, submitted to SavvyStories/Blogher NaBloPoMo. (I was getting confused what posts had been shared.)
- Write a daily post for NaBloPoMo.
- Respond to blog comments and mentions on Twitter.
- Try to post a daily picture on Instagram and check out the current feed.
- Share, share, share on Facebook. Engage, engage, engage as well.
- Check email and respond to messages. Send messages.
- Log into Feedly and read my favourite blogs. Comment more often as well.
There is so much more I could add to this list. Can you see why I am overwhelmed? At least I am not as detailed as this person, but let me say, I am a little envious of how organized she is! I applaud her.
Are you a list maker? Do you have a daily to do list? Or even a weekly one? Please share below!
Image Source: Freedigitalphotos.net & David Castillo Dominici
I am a participant of