To Do List Checklist Check Mark

Since I decided to start #NaBloPoMo I thought that maybe I should start a blogging to do list.

I already had one on the go but now I needed to add more to it and refine it a wee bit.

For the past 10 days I have been slightly overwhelmed by everything blog related. I feel like I am spending so much more time online trying to promote, promote, promote my posts. And I already spent a lot of time online. The thing is, I want to grow my blog. I want my numbers to increase and to build a strong readership. I know I have my old faithfuls but I need more if I want more for my blog. So, I have been pinning things again on Pinterest (and Pinterest makes me feel so inadequate as a person and a mother LOL). I have been trying to comment on more blogs. I have been scheduling tweets to posts in Hootsuite. So on and so on.

All in the name of growing my blog.

You know what? The hard work is paying off. I checked my stats tonight and I have almost doubled my unique monthly views and page views!

Here is my rough to do list that I am diligently trying to work through…

1. Schedule posts in Hootsuite (Already told you about this one.)
  2. Comment on at least 5 different blog posts from NaBloPoMo each day (This one is difficult to accomplish each day.)
  3. Pin Things (Getting there…)
  4. Update at least 5 past posts/day for SEO and pictures (These are posts from my previous blog that I need to desperately update and I keep putting it off.)
  5. Write down blog post ideas as they come to me (Use my cute little notebook that I bought.)
  6. Use a different notebook to keep track of what posts have been scheduled, comment loved, pinned, submitted to SavvyStories/Blogher NaBloPoMo. (I was getting confused what posts had been shared.)
  7. Write a daily post for NaBloPoMo.
  8. Respond to blog comments and mentions on Twitter.
  9. Try to post a daily picture on Instagram and check out the current feed.
  10. Share, share, share on Facebook. Engage, engage, engage as well.
  11. Check email and respond to messages. Send messages.
  12. Log into Feedly and read my favourite blogs. Comment more often as well.

There is so much more I could add to this list. Can you see why I am overwhelmed? At least I am not as detailed as this person, but let me say, I am a little envious of how organized she is! I applaud her.

Are you a list maker? Do you have a daily to do list? Or even a weekly one? Please share below!

Image Source: Freedigitalphotos.net & David Castillo Dominici

I am a participant of

NaBloPoMo.

NaBloPoMo November 2014

1. Pia @ Bread and Beta
    November 12, 2014 at 10:35 AM

It’s always good to see the hard work pay off with increased numbers/traffic. It’s great to keep organized and focused on your goals as well, but remember to keep them realistic so you can keep on top of the daily/weekly/monthly lists. I fall prey to over-ambitious lists and then get frustrated when I don’t get everything done. Life is always a balancing act. Seems like you have a good approach though.

November 12, 2014 at 11:59 PM

I am hoping the list will help me keep somewhat on track. It is tough though. Some of them I have not even been able to find the time to get to. But I will try! Thank you for stopping by!

November 12, 2014 at 2:19 PM

I comment on 5 blogs each day bare minimum because I know how great it feels to get comments. It’s nice to see that people are reading, sure, but what *really* feels good is *engaging* with the people who have related to something you have written.

This week? It’s FUDGE! :D

I need more #NaBloPoMo people to swing by. I am reaching out on Twitter to see if anyone wants to connect.

It’s fun when people reach back. :)

November 12, 2014 at 11:58 PM

You are a great commenter! You are really dedicated to get the job done. But it does feel good when people comment on your blog. Makes you feel loved.

3. Denise
    November 12, 2014 at 11:31 PM

I went into NaBloPoMo thinking I would comment on ALL the blogs, but you are right that it is so much time – It makes me appreciate it all my free time from posting once or twice a week! :D

Good luck with the to-do list. I hope the results keep coming in!

November 12, 2014 at 11:58 PM

Me too! I had good intentions but now I am finding that I need to put a limit on things. LOL!

And some things are being neglected on the list, but they are on the list! So I will attempt to get them done (ie updating old posts from my old blog that were transferred to this blog LOL).

Thank you for popping by!

• Renée Camus
      Renée CamusReply
      November 14, 2014 at 2:28 AM

I can’t imagine trying to comment on all the blogs on NaBloPoMo. There are thousands! It’s amazing!

4. Anna
    AnnaReply
    November 13, 2014 at 1:54 AM

Well, I can’t say that I understand the entire Blog phenomena; all I know is that I like what you write and I enjoy reading it!
    It’s getting to a point where I am looking forward to the next post in much the same way I wait for the next episode of my favourite TV (or for me iTunes) show.

November 14, 2014 at 1:36 PM

Aww! Thank you Anna. I hope I don’t let you down. hehe

5. CanadianMomEh
    CanadianMomEhReply
    November 13, 2014 at 10:06 AM

I can so relate to this! I’ve been feeling a bit of this lately. There are times when we can hold it together so well and everything seems seamless but to really drive numbers and engagement requires so much more work than most people realize. So true!

November 14, 2014 at 1:37 PM

I don’t know how you “bigger” (in terms of numbers) bloggers do it! This is tiring. hehe

6. Little Miss Kate (@LilMissKateCo)
    November 13, 2014 at 10:13 AM

Welcome to the life of blogging, where you are always behind. I wrote out my list of posts to do and I have 32 posts…. 32!!!!! that are in the need to get done category. That is more then a months worth of posts and I still have more ideas I WANT to do, but there is no time for that!

November 14, 2014 at 1:38 PM

32! Wowzers! Want to share some ideas for posts with me? hehe! I’m almost halfway through NaBloPoMo and am now running out of ideas.

• Renée Camus
        Renée CamusReply
        November 14, 2014 at 7:57 PM

I’ve used some of the NaBloPoMo blog prompts. They can be very helpful.

7. rangeelichick
    rangeelichickReply
    November 13, 2014 at 12:13 PM

Commenting on the blogs of others is my tough spot too. Once I am done writing, mking a graphic, doing SEO, posting, then finally promoting, I am usually tired and only want to read and go to bed! I need to be better at commenting.

I am always interested in hearing others social media techniques. When you post to Pinterest, do you post to any group boards, or just your own? What’s your strategy, and are you getting a lot of repins?

November 14, 2014 at 1:39 PM

I am sadly not very good at Pinterest. My account sat neglected for months. So I am trying to pin my posts as well as other things. I pin to my boards that I set up and hope that people will repin.

8. Ladena
    November 13, 2014 at 1:27 PM

There are so many things on any bloggers to-do lists but I think it’s so fun. I love supporting other bloggers and reading what they have to say. My to-do list includes lots of tweeting and pinning everyday.

I am not a GREAT list maker. I usually try to make one when I go to the grocery store but that’s about it…

November 14, 2014 at 1:49 PM

I find it is hard to stick to a grocery list! hehe! I love being able to cross things off of lists too. Feels good.

9. Stephanie Keeping
    November 13, 2014 at 3:49 PM

Holiday season always seems the worst to me!!

November 14, 2014 at 2:17 PM

It is so busy! I cannot believe we are talking Christmas already.

10. Julie Bedard
    November 13, 2014 at 7:37 PM

I am a very new blogger. I started at the end of September. I am really enjoying it but do find it VERY overwhelming to keep up with everything, not to mention learn about how to do things. I am slowly getting there. Your list has given me some ideas to work on. Thanks!!

November 14, 2014 at 1:50 PM

I hope it can help you out! Good luck with your blogging adventure.

11. Celebdirtylaundry
    November 13, 2014 at 10:27 PM

This is a good list and it is honestly very hard, but with all the effort and keep going at it then you’ll surely succeed!

November 14, 2014 at 2:09 PM

I’m trying my best to get my numbers to improve. It’s just finding the time to do it all! hehe. Thank you for stopping by.

12. Aeryn Lynne
    November 14, 2014 at 12:36 AM

I hear ya about being overwhelmed, lol. I really should start using lists! I rely on my rediculous memory that only reminds me what I need to do the moment I turn my computer off for the night. ;)

November 14, 2014 at 2:12 PM

And you are such a tech person like me. I was relying too much on my memory but it has failed me the last few years (I swear the kids stole my brains!). So now I have started taking notes in apps and using the voice memos. LOL

13. Renée Camus
    Renée CamusReply
    November 14, 2014 at 2:27 AM

Wow, that’s an ambitious list, Brandy! I hope you’re keeping it up, and so great that it’s paying off. I need to do a bunch of those things too, but I also find it overwhelming. Like Pia, I also make really massive to-do lists (several of them) and it’s impossible to get everything done in a day, and then I get frustrated and feel like I’ve accomplished nothing.

I’m curious, how far in advance do you schedule posts on Hootsuite? And do you post about your blog, or are you talking about other kinds of posts too? I use Hootsuite but I haven’t gotten into the habit of scheduling yet.

I’m also not familiar with SavvyStories or Feedly. And I need to learn more about SEO. I feel like I understand at least the basic concept, but something about the way you talked about it in your list makes me think I’m wrong.

Btw, I totally agree with you about Friends, :) and I really like the layout of your blog. Nice and clean. I’m still debating about what I want to do with mine.

November 14, 2014 at 2:15 PM

Hey Renee! Thank you for commenting! I just started using Hootsuite and so far I only use it to schedule tweets that include links to my posts. I want my twitter stream to be as authentic as I can make it. (Some bloggers belong to a program called Triberr where it tweets out links to other blogger’s content.) I found it too overwhelming though (Triberr) and just like my tweet feed to be solely me. Unless I retweet someone or something I really support.

Feedly is a reader you can use to save blogs you like. You follow them and you can use it as a place to read those blogs (so you don’t have to remember the URL all the time). It is really handy. I just need to remember to check it more often.

Thank you for visiting! If you have any more questions let me know (even send me an email sometime). I am new to blogging too and still learning as I go.

• Renée Camus
        Renée CamusReply
        November 14, 2014 at 8:05 PM

Thanks Brandy. That’s cool. I don’t use twitter that often but when I do it’s mostly my own stuff, and occasionally things I think are awesome and want to share. It’s funny, I’m just not used to sharing, I guess. I don’t think to do it. With Hootsuite, I’m not far enough ahead with my posts (for example) to schedule things. I just post them as I write them. It’s pretty cool though (except for not having G+ profiles).

November 17, 2014 at 9:38 PM

I am never usually on the ball to schedule posts but somedays if I am really motivated I can knock out two or three in a row. (If there is enough peace and quiet.) :)