Have you ever received a really bad gift on Christmas morning?

I have a couple of doozies!

Hold onto your rockers folks…

In my teen years I think my parents thought it would be a good idea for Santa to bring me things to start preparing for the future.

One year I excitedly bounced down the stairs to our living room to see what was under the tree for me.

Guess what I found…

A set of luggage!

Hmm, I didn’t question it at the time. But I was not exactly happy about my gift.

Let’s just say everything else I got that day did trump what “Santa” had brought me.

Another year came and again, I excitedly bounced down the stairs to see what was waiting for me under the tree.

You think I would have learned my lesson the firs time…

And guess what I found…

A set of wicker furniture.

This set was a chair, an ottoman, and a plant holder.

Because apparently I had plants that needed to be held in my room?

Really? What was Santa thinking?

I was starting to get the hint…

Have you ever received a really bad Christmas gift? If so, what was it?

I am a participant of

NaBloPoMo.

NaBloPoMo November 2014

1. Kelly Connor (@_CityMom)
    November 27, 2014 at 11:23 AM

Haha this is too funny! I can’t say that I’ve ever received a really bad Christmas gift. I guess I am pretty lucky!

November 27, 2014 at 11:28 AM

At least your parents weren’t trying to get you out of the house as fast as they could. hehe :)

November 27, 2014 at 1:03 PM

Oh my goodness!

I am sorry, but this made me laugh! :D

All I keep thinking was, “Take a hike, kid!” ;)

Too cute!

There better have been yummy chocolate in your stocking!

3. finnas13
    November 27, 2014 at 6:11 PM

I have a sister who is a “regifter.”
    If someone gives her something she doesn’t like she patiently stows it away until the following year.
    One Christmas she gave me a bottle of old perfume.
    Old enough that the liquid was no longer there and when the top was opened there was a crust of dried perfume around the top.
    I wonder how long she had that before passing it on!

November 30, 2014 at 10:38 PM

Oh no! Not a regifter! Yikes!

4. Joann @ Woman in Real Life
    November 28, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Not the most exciting gifts, for sure. ;) I generally got good gifts from my mom. She always said that her parents tried to make Christmas special for her and her brothers (even though they didn’t have much money) so she tried to do the same for us. My husband, on the other hand, got “practical” gifts…like socks.

November 30, 2014 at 10:38 PM

Usually our gifts were good too. I guess it is the thought that counts and I still do use the luggage to this day.

5. Heather Lynne
    Heather LynneReply
    November 28, 2014 at 11:39 AM

haha! :) It wasn’t a bad gift, but it didn’t work out too well. Funny enough, one year, all I wanted for my birthday was a closet organizer! My parents got me one… but NEVER put it together, so I never got to use it!

November 30, 2014 at 10:39 PM

Oh no! That is too bad it never got put together. My son had an odd request one year. All he wanted from Santa was a cleaning set (broom, fake spray bottle, hand broom, etc.). It was cute to watch him use it though.

6. Randa @ TBK
    November 28, 2014 at 3:09 PM

My husband gave me a paper towel holder once…ya.

November 30, 2014 at 10:41 PM

WHAT? What? hehe! How would he think that is a good thing?

• Renée Camus
      Renée CamusReply
      December 1, 2014 at 3:01 PM

That’s too funny. :)

7. babystylista
    November 28, 2014 at 3:25 PM

These are hilarious!! I’m sure you didn’t feel that way as a teen – but at THIS point in my life I would love ALL those gifts! Ha! I need some new luggage and definitely some wicker anything. Hilarious! I haven’t had bad Christmas gifts that really stood out to me except a ceramic zucchini on a stand. I was terribly confused but I put on a brave face and was grateful. I was still a kid at the time so I didn’t quite know what to do with it. But it made a great paperweight for years! haha

November 30, 2014 at 10:42 PM

I know sadly I would love practical gifts now. And I have actually received a few like a computer desk, a griddle to make pancakes, etc. And the luggage is still in use so I guess it was a good gift after all. Hmm, a ceramic zucchini. That would make a good paperweight. LOL!

8. jenn
    November 28, 2014 at 6:59 PM

LOL!! This is funny!! My DH tries his hardest but he sometimes he gets stuff like luggage and wicker furniture! LMAO!! He thinks he is doing good…but meh! Its the thought that couldn’t not the gift right?? At least that is what I tell myself!

November 30, 2014 at 10:43 PM

We are living the same life Jenn! hehe

9. Renée Camus
    Renée CamusReply
    December 1, 2014 at 3:03 PM

I got some gifts in the past that weren’t “bad,” per se, but they weren’t me. It was clearly a case of my parents (ie: my dad), trying to get me to be something I wasn’t. I don’t cook; we tend to eat out a lot. And one year my dad bought me the joy of cooking, and another year (I think), he bought me a set of pans. Again, nice gifts, but I felt like he was trying to tell me something, so I didn’t exactly appreciate the message.

December 7, 2014 at 4:42 PM

Ah, sometimes it’s the thought that counts, doesn’t really help. hehe! One birthday I got rollerblades from my parents because all of my friends had/wanted them. But I never asked for them because I didn’t want them. They weren’t my thing.

• Renée Camus
        December 10, 2014 at 1:29 AM

Yeah, you reminded me, I have an example like that too. One year in the ’80s (of course), my sister bought me a bunch of neon stuff, like shirt, leg warmers, bangles, etc all in neon colors, thinking I’d like it cause it was trendy and in fashion. I’ve never been the trendy, follow fashion type, so I hated it. She thought Christmas that year was gonna be so easy. :)

December 20, 2014 at 10:48 AM