Remembrance Day

Poppy Remembrance Day Lest We Forget Field

Please take time out today to remember those who fought, those who are still fighting and those who have died for our freedom.

My grandpa went overseas during World War II.  If he hadn’t returned home, I would not be alive today.  Every day I appreciate the sacrifices he made for me, his family, and our country.

I am truly in awe of those who risk their lives for us each and every day just so we can enjoy the lives we have.

To show your support, take your family to a Remembrance Day ceremony and do some activities with your kids.  Here are some great tips from The YummyMummy Club – Five Remembrance Day Activities for Kids.

Lest We Forget

1. Kelly
    November 11, 2014 at 8:32 AM

My husband & I always get Rememberance Day off from work and we always use the time to attend ceremonies at our local cenotaph. My Grandpa also fought in the war and I am so thankful for him & all our current and past brave men & women.

November 12, 2014 at 11:53 PM

That is great you go and participate in the ceremonies. I need to start going again.

November 12, 2014 at 5:46 AM

We are fortunate to have the day off for observance of Remembrance Day in Nova Scotia. I really hope it becomes a National holiday so more people can do the same.

We took the Things to our local cenotaph for the ceremony and it was beautiful. Many tears.

I was amazed at the number of people who were present.

Lovely post.

November 12, 2014 at 11:53 PM

Thank you Peady. We get the day off in MB as well. I didn’t realize that some places in Ontario don’t. My nephew went to school that day.

3. Lauren
    November 12, 2014 at 8:44 AM

This is a beautiful post. My grandfather served overseas in WWII as well, and although he very very rarely spoke of what he’d seen, what he told us was enough for me to realize what a sacrifice these soldiers truly make for us. thank you to your grandfather for his service. I appreciate it.

November 12, 2014 at 11:54 PM

Thank you! My grandpa only told me a few snippets and apparently he didn’t even tell his kids anything about his time over there.